Easter Eggs in Phase

Starting an official thread of easter eggs & such from the phase music video that dropped today! This thing is jam packed full of them so I’ll try to post screen shots. Feel free to add your own!

3 Likes

The first shot of the video reintroduces us to the Metronome. I think it’s from that one pinegrove song…what was it again? Ah, I can’t remember.

4 Likes

Ampersand lamp thing in the bottom left. & before you ask, yes I’ve already ordered one from amazon.

3 Likes

One of the coolest easter eggs in the video. The news channel is named “Cardinal News” and the cloud is fully covering New Jersey, original home of Pinegrove. Maybe a coincidence? Who’s to say.

3 Likes

Big sign saying “STEVE” right above Sleepwalker. A possible reference to the line in New Friends that goes “Steve’s in Germany…that’s it!”

4 Likes

Yet another use of the yellow/blue color scheme of the video. Sleepwalker’s pjs are yellow with a thin blue seem, the artists flannel is dark blue and yellow, the painting is blue/yellow, and the palette is covered in blue & yellow paint. Not to mention the hand drawn blue and yellow squiggles that appear throughout the video.

2 Likes

After paint is splattered by Sleepwalker, the painting changes from the bridge to the album art!

3 Likes

An avacado cut through your thumb.

6 Likes

Lil red cardinal on the headstock of the guitar.

3 Likes

and it’s supposed to snow!

6 Likes

He has an ampersand coffee mug as well. Don’t have a screenshot, but definitely there.

2 Likes

I loved that the calendar on the fridge was set to January, album release month!

1 Like

This is awesome, thanks for posting all of these. So cool

it says snow!! it was supposed to snow…but it didn’t :))

1 Like

“I woke up grinding my teeth” is from Neighbor, and the guy in the video wakes up grinding his teeth

2 Likes

It was supposed to snow, but it didnt

1 Like

“I was totally nervous to go to japan”

2 Likes

It’s from Hairpin! Good catch!

Infinite Jest on the table. Evan has mentioned it in interviews before.

1 Like

Squares in the connect four!

5 Likes