What's good?

Share something good happening in your life currently (this month, this week, today).

I’m going to start by sharing a little. I’ve had a rough year. My dad passed away in July. I lost my job in January, and I’ve had so many near successes this year that it’s all felt like failure.

Getting this website project completed is a bright spot. It was stressful leading up to launch, but getting it over the finish line has definitely been one of the highlights of my year. And I’m so glad you’re all here!

How about you?

4 Likes

Hey, so sorry to hear about your dad. I can’t imagine what that feels like. That’s one of the hardest things I could ever imagine going through.

I’m glad this is a bright spot and it’s nice to meet you!

You work for Rough Trade? or?

1 Like

Hey thank you. Seriously. It has been bizarre. It wasn’t a total surprise, so, I think there’s solace in it? I’m not sure.

I do not work for Rough Trade (I’d love to though!). I just work at an accounting firm processing documents. I happened to help Admin the Pinegrove FB group so that’s how I got involved with this project.

1 Like

Yeah my dad is very overweight so I’m pretty much in constant fear that somethings gonna happen and we’re trying to save up tog get him surgery, but life is crazy.

And ohhh that’s cool man congrats!

I’m so sorry to hear it. Family is such a fraught thing.

What’s something good going on for you currently?

Man, Dan I’m so sorry. I had no idea. We all have much love for you man, especially for doing this thing. If it is your only success this year, it’s a hell of a success and awesome that you get to work (or do some work anyway) with a band you love. I’d kill to help out these guys with anything. They’re great musicians and it’s awesome to be involved with them. Thank you sincerely again for doing good stuff here. This site is awesome. :smiley:

As for good news or good stuff happening, I mean, any day that I’m alive is a good day (or at least that’s my outlook anyway). This is the first year I’ve seriously decorated for Halloween since I lived at home a long time ago. I’ve been wanting to forever and I’m glad I finally did. It’s not my best work and I didn’t have time to do the crazy elaborate stuff I had in mind, but I’ll take it.

Personally, what’s good is getting in with all the Pinepeople. I’ve never felt more motivated to work hard in my own life (it’s a bit of a struggle with 3 kids a lot of the time) to accomplish the things I want to get done and it just kind of keeps on going with all the positivity with everybody in this community. I thank my lucky stars for all of y’all.

1 Like