First Song

Probably a common fave, but The Alarmist and ““Marigold in the garden
My heart is out in the garbage”
Wow.
LOVE Pinegrove!!!

1 Like

I remember hearing Aphasia and saving that song to a couple of playlists. I didn’t delve further into the band until I had a terrible falling out with all my college friends. I had to transfer schools, move far away, and start from scratch again. With some money I saved up I spent a weekend in Rome, hoping to feel some sort of escape. It was a mistake, and I felt lonelier than ever. I remember listening to Endless while walking through the narrow streets there and crying for the first time in a long time. “When this is over, when this is under a foot of water, hold me forever” still kills me. Marigold and Skylight were a source of solemn positivity during that time. I fell in love with the realistic optimism of songs like Dotted Line, Skylight, and Darkness. Being that I left my friends unwillingly, I’ve always felt an emotional connection to Alcove especially. It described what I was going through so specifically – it was uncanny. I saw the band live for the first time in July 2022. To my surprise, they played Alcove. I later saw the set list: all the songs were typed out and planned beforehand, but Alcove was written hastily in black pen, injected into the middle of the set. It makes me think.

Guy my best friend was dating sent her Aphasia. She showed it to me and I listened to it at least 5 times a day for a month after that. Also, in those first days, I found Metronome. (guy and best friend now married, btw :slight_smile:

my boyfriend was a big fan back in high school. we met in college and he was just playing his music in the car one day and aphasia came on. i instantly fell in love and needed him to show me more songs <3

1 Like

The Alarmist, on the Amperland album. One of my friends sent the song to me on discord, saying it had a similar sound to my own music. I thought “huh, this is pretty good”…
Now that song is one of my favorites ever, and I honestly just love that whole album lol