đź‘‹ Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself

Say a little about yourself: how long you’ve been listening to PG, where you live, what you do in life, other bands you like, etc.

7 Likes

hey, uhhh… My name is Eric. I currently reside in Birmingham, AL with my two roommates. I eat almonds daily but I’d say pistachios are more important to me.
The first time i listened to Pinegrove was the summer of 2016- I was really into Cadmium for a bit before I fully expanded my listening brain… That’s when the real party started.

5 Likes

Hey all! I’m Chris but I usually go by my online alias Sepe. I’ve been listening to Pinegrove since summer 2017, right around the beginning of my sophomore year. I’m not really sure what it is about their music that I love so much, it just speaks to me I guess, as chiche as that sounds. I’m a senior in high school now and my eyes are set towards university (hoping to stay in Florida so I can get that sweet sweet in-state tuition). Pinegrove inspired me to pick up guitar and I am so glad I did, I play every single day & am always getting better. I like the usual bands associated with pg & this scene (field medic, another michael, mom jeans, remo drive, prince daddy, fredo disco, future teens, etc). I’m super excited to be apart of this community! <&

4 Likes

I’m mike. I live around Boston. I found pinegrove in summer 2012 thanks to a fellow new jerseyan from montclair. Inhaled Meridian and struck up an email correspondence with the band (since at one point that was the only way to order their CDs). I’ve really enjoyed the arc of PG’s sound and story, and am glad the last year has gone the way it did. My fave pg stories include:

• my appt was a tour lunchbreak stop on one of the last great tours of littlevan (little van, not littl’ evan) in 2014. vegan sandwiches. in return they played 3 songs in the living room. I requested mather knoll and only evan remembered it at the time.
  • at PG’s first boston-area show (at the Harvard Democracy Center in I wanna say fall 2013) they opened for Sorority Noise. The crowd was AMPED for SN and had never heard of PG. I bought some highschooler their first PG album. if this was you pls let me know. We snagged veggieburgers at Tastyburger’s basement and then PG got back in the car and drove back to NJ. That blew my mind. That’s a lotta miles. They’ve been grinding a long time, a long way.
  • one time, Sam and my dad shared Broccoli at a Chinese takeout place in New Brunswick. I took my dad to a basement show there (jan 2016).

I’m a big fan of jodi. Also like: everything from boygenius and its respective members (particularly phoebe bridgers), saintseneca, neko case (and her supergroup too), the national, avett brothers, deertick, fleet foxes, roy hargrove, and harmonic choral music.

Thanks to Dan and the rest for making amperland a thing. I for one want to get away from facebook, so seeing this community move somewhere else makes me all warm and fuzzy. thank you!

11 Likes

hello! my name is peyton ^ pinegrove has been my number 1 since i met my friend eric
i live currently in Birmingham, AL
i work at ups so i can wake up early enough to start my day blasting music and eating peanut butter toast

4 Likes

Hey there! I’m Brie, I’m from the great small state of Rhode Island, and I’d say I’m relatively new to PG. A friend of mine introduced me to Old Friends a little over a year ago (I had heard it before then, but it never really stuck). Ever since then, I was hooked. I spent an entire 6 hour car ride listening to Old Friends on repeat when I first heard it . I fell asleep at some point, but that doesn’t sound as impressive. Either way, they’ve been one of my favorite bands ever since.

I was going to see them when they came to Boston this past tour, but some family issues came up and I couldn’t make it. Pinegrove got me through the hardest year of my life so far, and I’m forever grateful. It had been a long time before I heard Old Friends that I felt something while listening to music. It really opened my mind and heart to loving music again. PG had such an impact on me that it was the basis of my college essay (and has gotten me accepted for the fall semester).

Anyway, I’m really excited to be in a group of like minded people <3

7 Likes

Hi!! I’m Grant! I’m from Chicago. Senior in Highschool. I’ve been listening to Pinegrove for about a year now! I’ve seen them live twice. One of the greatest bands out there today.

4 Likes

Hi! I’m Matt, from Cincinnati. I stumbled on Pinegrove after Cardinal came out and then renewed my interest when a friend @AmperDan invited me to their sold-out show. In my past life, I was in a Chicago based metal-core band :metal: on Victory Records, now I work as a solutions architect and do a lot of fun web development on the side. I actually worked closely with @AmperDan to build this and the main Pinegrove web site.

7 Likes

Hello! My name is Brett, and I am from Conway, Arkansas! I am a Computer Science Major at Henderson State University in Arkadelphia, Arkansas, but my dream is to be a touring and recording musician, like Pinegrove. My music project name is //Gatlin_Park. and it’s stylized similar to Pinegrove. I first found Pinegrove a little over year ago through the VHS Session of Old Friends, and even though I’ve only known them for a year, they have completely changed my life. I am a much better thinker, speaker, and overall person because of their music. I saw them in St. Louis in March of this year, and I can’t wait to see them in Houston the weekend after my birthday in February!! Glad to start making new friends through this amazing place we can all share online. Have a blessed rest of your day!!:grin:

3 Likes

Hey, I’m Caólán but people call me Caó. I’m from Ireland & I’m currently studying an undergraduate degree in Scotland. I’ve been listening to Pinegrove since Cardinal’s release. I play a lot of music, mostly guitar & harmonica. I was lucky enough to bump into Evan & the band before a gig in Edinburgh, they were super cool to talk to.

7 Likes

hi! I’m Evan, which is an apparently common name in the pinedom. I live in Athens GA, an hourish outside of Atlanta. I do social media in the corporate office of a fast food chicken chain. no, not that one.

apparently sometime around March 2016 is when I first heard New Friends on a Discover Weekly playlist, and the rest is history

I suppose I’m known for running the Pinegrove Memes account: http://instagram.com/pinegrovememes
how the whole thing started is a story for another time, but it grew to much bigger than I ever expected and as a result it has introduced me to so so many awesome people who love this band. it’s been an adventure!

we’ll just stop it there for now so hello everyone

12 Likes

I’m Anna P and I’m from Chicago. I’ve only been in the Pineworld for about 2 years but their music runs through my veins. I’m active on the Pinegrove Facebook group, but hoping to get to know ya’ll better in this lil community.

I’m a musician myself and have been singing & playing for over half my life. Here are da links.
https://www.annapmusic.net/

4 Likes

Hello, my name is Kyler from Long Island, NY. I was somehow able to snag the username “pinegrove”. I’m not sure if I should just rock this username, or retire it. I don’t want people to think I’m the official band account or something. Thoughts?

4 Likes

<3 <3 <3 another michael <3 <3 <3

2 Likes

Hey, I’m Zoe!! If you’re in the fb group, you’ve probably seen me! I’ve been listening to PG since late 2016/early 2017. I think Meridian is a national treasure, but frankly love everything the band has put out and what they stand for as people. I loveveveveve the community they’ve built; I’ve met so many AMAZING people through their organized sounds. If you go to their shows often, chances are we’ve crossed paths! :slight_smile:

As far as I go, I have a 3D art degree (I blew glass for a while!) but right now I groom dogs for a living (no, I don’t just play with puppies all day :joy:) I’m currently very obsessed with Outlander, and my apartment is a literal zoo. Based in Indianapolis for the moment, but I have a wandering spirit and travel as much as I can with whoever is available (even if that means solo wandering). :slight_smile:

I’m so glad this community has an official landing ground! Can’t wait to see more of this! Ahh!

6 Likes

Hey! I’m Rowan! I’ve been listening to Pinegrove for about two years now. I’m in the Facebook group so I know a couple people from there. I’m from Philadelphia. Pinegrove has been my favorite bands for those two years and their music means so much to me. I’m currently a student and I’m hoping to get to know some people on here! :slight_smile: ⧉

3 Likes

hi my names sarah but i sometimes go by sezza. i live in the suburbs of philadelphia and i’m a senior in high school. i found pinegrove in 8th grade bc a friend of mine liked old friends. i’m a singer songwriter musician guitar and keys player lyricist and writer. pinegrove has improved everything i jut listed about me as well as made me a whole lot happier. if you like poetry, i wrote a book called Anything, Everything, and Nothing on amazon and you’ll see a lot of pinegrove influence / words evan uses. i’m stoked to be a part of this community :slight_smile:

1 Like

i was told recently that this kind of spider (a sparklemuffin) was my spirit animal and it’s got some piney colors

4 Likes

I started listening the summer before my sophomore year too (about July 2018)!

1 Like

Hey all y’all Pinepeople!

My name’s Brian. I’m originally from NJ so it’s funny that I fell in love with a band that’s about 30 minutes from where I grew up years after I’ve moved away. Been listening to PG since about 2015 when they came out with this little performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6uGIZkcb7Y and I just straight up fell in love.

In some ways I feel like the elder statesman of the community as I have yet to find anybody (other than Evan’s mom) who is older (though I may just not know everybody). I mean, I’m not that old (I’ll be 41 next month), but old enough.

I’ve got a wife (unfortunately not a Pinenut, Zo feels me on that one) and 3 kids (who are budding Pinenuts…they love Paterson & Leo). I work in the video games industry as a sound designer.

I play music (when I can spare the time) and aspire to actually write music again like I used to back in high school and college. I have a pretty wide interest in music in general. I love anything from classical to jazz to electronic to alt/hard/classic rock (all the rocks), to PG (which kind of fall into their own genre), to shoegaze (and nugaze), to hip hop/rap (love me some Wu Tang and Tribe Called Quest), to trip hop, to metal…I mean, I could keep going. I’m kind of picky about what I like in each genre, but I like a wide breadth of music.

Favorite bands/artists of all time (aside from PG): Queens of the Stone Age (anything Josh Homme does), Jump Little Children, Mutemath, Pearl Jam, Fiona Apple, Nickel Creek (Punch Brothers to a lesser degree), Depeche Mode, Radiohead, D’Angelo, Tribe Called Quest, Paul Simon., NIN/Trent Reznor, Oingo Boingo/Danny Elfman…I could keep going…

2 Likes