šŸ‘‹ Introduce Yourself!

Hey! My nameā€™s Colton and Iā€™m a Canadian pinenut. You may recognize me from FB group.

I donā€™t remember how I first listened to Pinegrove (from a friend or just in a Youtube wormhole) but I was so impressed with their lyrics and message. And then watching interviews and how they are, I really appreciate that they are acutely aware of their voice and what they are putting out into the world. I deeply believe everyone should be kind to one another and that people deserve dignity, and I know they feel this way too.

Also my other favourite artist is Lady Gaga. And I love candy and art and the Simpsons. Everyone here seems super cool and welcoming, thank you for letting me be a part of this community! :lollipop: :v:

Iā€™m 100% with you on being kind to one another. :smiley:

One of my tenets of life.

1 Like

Iā€™m 42 years old!

1 Like

mom jeans, remo drive, pdaddy?!! we have very similar tastes my friend

2 Likes

Also, hello. My name is Esteban and Iā€™m from Riverdale, NJ, a ~4,000 pop town about 30 minutes from Montclair. Iā€™m currently a student at the County College of Morris for Electrical Engineering Technologies, and work as a pizza delivery driver.

I first found Pinegrove after smoking weed for like the 3rd time in March 2017 as a highschool senior, really baked, letting my Spotify run through suggested songs where I found Old Friends. I hit like on the song, completely forgetting about it, until about 2 months later when I re-discovered it in my liked songs list. Iā€™ve been hooked ever since.

Though this was a dark time in my life, being a heavy pothead (I donā€™t smoke anymore, I like it too much,) and unwittingly being in a toxic relationship, Pinegrove is the best thing that came from that period of my life. They inspired me to continue pursuing guitar/bass, and allowed me to pick up singing as well, as I belt out notes while in the serenity of my car slinging out pizza pies.

PG is the third band I completely and wholly fell in love with, first being System of a Down and second being Weezer. Pinegrove is for sure one of the most unique, though. My first PG concert was that tiny 125 person show in a Montclair church, the first show directly after their hiatus. It was only about 5 days after said toxic relationship ended, and it was truly a theraputic, magical, and perfect night. Just what I needed.

Some of my favorite artists are: SOAD, Weezer, Prince Daddy and the Hyena, Remo Drive, Pinc Louds, Lil Uzi Vert, Joyce Manor, Basement, Luke Combs, i could go on forever. i like every type of music. also thanks for reading to my life story.

4 Likes

hi! david, from sweden. been listening to pinegrove since cardinal. i play ping pong, podcast and drink beer. hugely into emo + the national. pretty boring in that since.

3 Likes

hey! im hal, im a musician from the nashville area and i started listening to pinegrove a little less than a year ago, thanks to my girlfriend at the time, and they quickly began to become the most important band in the world to me, their music speaks to me in a way no other band ever has, i traveled to chicago to see them at thalia hall, and then evan helped me out and got me on the guest list for the sold out show in nashville! im planning on traveling to some of the shows out west :slight_smile:
really into bands like mom jeans, joyce manor, the ss-sr, modern baseball, all that good emo stuff

2 Likes

Hello all! Iā€™m Jaeden, I live in Traverse City, Michigan.

Been listening to Pinegrove since fall 2017. A friend put on the full Audiotree video in class and as soon as I heard Evan sing ā€œIā€™m outā€ from Need 2, and the jam at the endā€¦I was sold. Iā€™ve been head over heels for this band ever since!

I really feel like this band is one of a kind. Between the changing time signatures, the extended/dissonant chord structures, the sometimes blunt (ā€œMy heart is out in the garbageā€) sometimes eloquent (ā€œCan I believe in the me before I knew you beautifully?ā€), but ALWAYS personal lyrics. Thereā€™s really something special going on here and Iā€™m so glad I found it and get to experience it!

2 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m from Clayton, North Carolina. I am fairly new to pinegrove. I started listening to them this past summer. I fell in love with old friend first and it just spiraled from there. Iā€™m currently a sophomore at East Carolina University studying Biology with a concentration in Ecology. Iā€™d like to one day help save ecosystems and animals from pollution and climate change. In my spare time I like to read. I donā€™t know anyone who likes pinegrove so Iā€™m on here in hopes to find some new friends. lol

3 Likes

You wonā€™t have much problem finding lots of folks who love PG here. Luckily the community is also super friendly and generally down to earth. If youā€™re not on them, there is also a Facebook group (most active), a GroupMe chat (pretty active) and a Discord server (not super active unfortunately).

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Nica ! Iā€™m a marine-biologist-in-training, born and raised in Manila, Philippines. :slight_smile: I actually just started listening to Pinegrove when Marigold came out, because one of my favorite local bands recommended it. So far, itā€™s been a really interesting and exciting journey of excavating the bandā€™s history, context, previous works, etc. But they have quickly become favorites! Current favorite songs are Rings, Mather Knoll, &, Cadmium and Dotted Line - the song that got me hooked! Other favorite bands include earlier Death Cab for Cutie, The National, The Antlers, Mount Eerie and Dirty Projectors :slight_smile:

Nice to e-meet you!

1 Like

Say a little about yourself: how long youā€™ve been listening to PG, where you live, what you do in life, other bands you like, etc.

Hi! Iā€™m Lauren :smile: Iā€™ve been listening since Spring 2017 on and off, just got really into them after Marigoldā€™s release. Iā€™m almost a senior in college and I live in Arizona, USA. Iā€™m a painter and art educator. Some of my favorite other bands/artists are Queens fo the Stone Age, Big Thief, Andy Shauf, Julia Jacklin, Great Grandpa, and Field Medic! I play the piano, guitar, and I sing, but Iā€™m much better at the piano than the guitar. Iā€™m so happy to be here and I hope yā€™all are doing well among these scary times. Stay well, stay safe.

Lauren

1 Like

Iā€™m Chandler, 33, dad from North Carolina and I found out about Pinegrove via Susto and just fell in love. It reminded me of country tingled pop punk and I was hooked. Now Iā€™ve been a fan for a few years now and love the new record.
Iā€™m a barista at Starbucks, a photographer and Iā€™m working on starting a podcast.

Hey Guys,

my name is Phil. Iā€™m 19 years old and I live in Berlin, Germany! I think I first heard Pinegrove when it was in my spotify radio. I donā€™t remember which song it was but I think it was ā€žold friendsā€œ. Aphasia made me fall in love with the band. I couldnā€™t really connect with their music at first but the more I listen to them the more I enjoy their songs. And thatā€™s what I love about them. I heard all of their songs but I donā€™t have immediate access to some of them. But at one point it just clicks and you start to understand and feel their music. So Pinegrove is not only a band for me, itā€™s a true and deep experience. I never felt that way for a band or an other artist before. Iā€™m happy I saw them live 2 years ago after their skylight release.
Iā€˜m about to get the squares tattoo next week! Super psyched for it. Cheers!

2 Likes

Hey! My name is Cian and Iā€™m from Amherst Ohio. Iā€™ve been listening to pinegrove since last summer but theyā€™re easily my favorite band. Iā€™m going into my senior year next year and I have plans to become a film professor long term. Other bands I listen to are: Joy Again, Field Medic, It Looks Sad, John K. Samson, and Jeff Rosenstock to name a few. Iā€™m very glad to have found this band because honestly I canā€™t find one song I donā€™t like.

1 Like

Hey everyone! My name is Karlie and I am currently in Ontario Canada. Iā€™ve been listening to Pinegrove since 2016. Like many of you here, I consider them to be my favourite artists. Iā€™m really excited that this site exists so we can all share our thoughts and perceptions on a platform where we can all feel safe and respected! Iā€™ve begun to read Spring by Ali Smith after getting the notification about the book club- and Iā€™ve really been digging it so far. The narrative is unique. Keep well everyone. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hii everyone! Iā€™m a little late, but better than never, right? My name is Alisha, and Iā€™m currently back to living in Vancouver, Canada after having spent the past few years in the US.

Iā€™ve been listening to Pinegrove since the spring of 2016, and was introduced to them by a new friend I made in Germany while travelling (heā€™s a big Pinenut too so Iā€™m sure heā€™ll see this at some point). Theyā€™ve been my favourite band ever since, and Iā€™ve been fortunate enough to see ā€˜em live four times now. The first time I heard PG, it felt like Iā€™d finally found the music Iā€™d been (unconsciously) wanting to exist for a long time - does anyone get what I mean by that/feel similarly?

Anyway. I work in tech and, apart from PG, Iā€™ve mostly been listening to Phoebe Bridgers, Julia Jacklin, Big Thief, Stephen Steinbrink, Faye Websterā€¦ and Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande because, who am I kidding, Iā€™m not above admitting that I love pop. :woman_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

hello !
iā€™m Sawyer & i currently live in Chattanooga, TN

iā€™ve been listening to pg for a few years now &, like most of you, their music has had a huge impact on me.
pg, for me, remains a constant source of positivity in the most turbulent months of my life so far.
so iā€™m exited to be joining this community !

i like reading literature & writing songs & drinking orange juice
thank you for having me !

2 Likes

hi all! name is tyler. iā€™m an storyboard artist/comic artist living in atlanta, ga!

posted in the other thread, but i think my first exposure to pinegrove was in 2017. my gf got heavily into cardinal and it took me awhile, believe it or not. we take yearly pilgrimages up to north georgia to the apple orchards and we played cardinal probably 80 times on that trip (itā€™s so short, it just kept repeating in the CD player lol). something about the music was so pastoral and peaceful for those drives, and itā€™s remained a giant part of my life since then. iā€™ve only seen the band once, during their feb ā€˜19 stop here in ATL (had tickets to the original gig in decā€™ 17 before that).

4 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m Bonnie. I live in Philadelphia where I work as a nurse. A few friends recommended me Pinegrove over the years but, having hit that period of my life during which I was only into things I loved in high school, I never listened. Then I saw Pinegrove open for Kevin Devine and it was all over.

Lately Iā€™ve been listening to a lot of Phoebe Bridgers, Olafur Arnalds, Sports Team, Fontaines DC, Manchester Orchestra, and Blanco White.

I enjoy taking very long walks, jigsaw puzzling, and bookmarking vegan recipes I will probably never actually use because Iā€™m a terrible cook. And Iā€™m really looking forward to book club!

3 Likes