šŸ‘‹ Introduce Yourself!

Hi everyone! My name is Brian, Iā€™m 38 and I live in Ringwood, NJ. I found Pinegrove before Cardinal came out doing a random search of Jersey bands on bandcamp.

I like making music, cooking, reading, and baseball. I contribute writing and podcasts to websites about comic books, the New York Mets, and general pop culture. Iā€™m married with two kids, a dog, and too many guitars.

Lately Iā€™ve been really into Japanese pop and jazz from the late 70s like Yasuko Agawa, Hiroshi Suzuki, Harry Hosono, and The Yellow Magic Band. My go-tos include the ā€˜Back In Your Lifeā€™ era Jonathan Richman records, Os Mutantes, R.E.M., ā€˜Friendsā€™ era Beach Boys, 70s Catholic folk music, the Plugz, Janelle Monae, ā€˜Headquartersā€™ by the Monkees, Breeders, Meredith Monk, Django Reinhardt, the Wrens, John Vanderslice, Charles Mingus, Paul and Linda McCartneyā€™s RAM, Eno-era Talking Heads, and weird surf one-hit wonders.

1 Like

Thatā€™s so crazy that youā€™ve seen the band through all that time! I only recently found out that Pinegrove was a good bit older than their 2016 debut album. (I kept searching ā€œPinegrove before:YEARā€ on Youtube until I saw that the band was around way back in 2012. I guess itā€™s not that long, but on the other hand yeah it is pretty long.

Iā€™m Jonathan and I live in Bellevue, Washington. I discovered Pinegrove in early 2019 from a Spotify recommendation. I listened to all of Cardinal though I didnā€™t connect with many of the songs right away. At first I just liked Aphasia. Then I liked Cadmium, then Old Friends, then New Friends, then Then Again, and so on. Except for two or three songs, every song on the three studio albums has been my favorite song at some point. Right now Iā€™m really jamming to Easy Enough. Iā€™m also learning No Drugs on the guitar. I saw them live this February at the Fillmore in San Francisco, which is near my college. Other favorite music: Bon Iver, Phoebe Bridgers, Kanye, Aimee Mann, Blake Mills, Waxahatchee, Fleet Foxes, Frank Ocean, Joni Mitchell, Jason Isbell. Iā€™m curious about this online forum. It seems a bit inactive but also like a nice cozy place on the internet.

1 Like

Super diverse music taste, love to hear it! Welcome, fellow Pinenut!

1 Like

Thereā€™s not always a whole lot of activity on here, but itā€™s always nice when people drop in! Nice to meet you, welcome!

3 Likes

Nameā€™s Kevin. Cool to see you guys have this website. Heard you folks for the first time fall of 2020 but kinda annoyed I hadnā€™t heard you sooner since I love this style of music. Whatever that is :]
I go to school at GMU in Norther VA and I currently have ā€œProblemsā€ stuck in my head so I learned it on my guitar. Still canā€™t hit those sweet high notes like Evan though. Hoping to see you guys live sometimes soon. How about The Birchmere near D.C.? My dream lineup would be yā€™all with The Paper Kites and Radical Face.

Hello everyone! Wow Iā€™m lucky my favorite band has such a supportive and connected community. Iā€™m a little late to the party but Iā€™m really excited I found this!

Iā€™ve been listening to Pinegrove since 2019 and theyā€™ve been my favorite band ever since. I discovered them on accident, when I saw their name on the marquee outside the Majestic Theatre which is a super cool concert venue right down the street from my apartment in Detroit.
Unfortunately, I didnā€™t notice it until the day of the concert and I didnā€™t end up going (which I very much regret!). Iā€™ve been listening ever since then and I vowed to never pass up a Pinegrove concert again!

Other bands I listen to include Neil Young, Remo Drive, Field Medic, Haley Heynderickx, Skullcrusher, Pheobe Bridgers, Nirvana and many others

1 Like

Hi fellow Pinenuts :wave:t4: Iā€™m Alex, Iā€™m 38, live in Los Angeles, and work as a Speech Pathologist. I discovered Pinegrove in 2017 after hearing Cadmium on Whitney radio on Spotify, and Iā€™ve been completely obsessed with them ever since. Iā€™ve been lucky enough to see them live about 6 times now - Shaky Knees Fest 2017 and late show at Aisle 5 (ATL), the Troubadour (LA), the Fonda (LA), the Roxy (LA), and the Glass House (Pomona). That show in Pomona was my last live show before the pandemic hit! My next show will be Bonnaroo (my favorite fest), and I canā€™t wait to see them again. Nice to meet you all!! Sending love :two_hearts:

1 Like

hi guys! my name is Kole,
i just recently found pinegrove around a year ago but theyā€™ve already turned into my favorite band of all time. discovering this community has been so much fun, everyone is so respectful and outgoing. Iā€™m going to the concert in buffalo if anyone else is please let me know!! looking to make some pine friends :slight_smile: <3

Iā€™m Ben and discovered Pinegrove on XMU. Early 2021. I believe the song they played was Moment. I immediately googled the band and found the Amperland, NY video and was blown away! I have not had this much excitement about a band in years. I now have every release and am immersed in the brilliance of Evanā€™s songwriting and lyrical prowess! Deep, meaningful lyrics. The musicianship of every member of this band is amazing! Zackā€™s drum tracks are phenomenal. I am probably not the typical demographic of a Pinegrove fan being late 40ā€™s but I am enjoying every moment of listening to this band (no pun intended). Pinegrove music has been my soundtrack in 2021. I was fortunate to see them live at the Columbus Anthenaeum on Oct 14! How that place wasnā€™t busting at the seams with people is beyond me. How has this band not exploded??? I have literally asked a couple dozen people If they were familiar with Pinegrove and none had heard of them. See them live if you get the chance! Amazing experience.

hello, friends!
my name is anne-marie (though the connotation of that name does nOt suit my personality lol). iā€™ve lived in austin, tx my whole life. hoping to live in a colder, rainier climate one day. i adore gray skies <3.
i was a dog groomer, then a barista for years and am now an office manager at a tech company, which is slowly driving me insane. i stay alive by hangin with my two cool dogs, making/listening to music, and managing my ~very~ small hand lettering business.
the first pinegrove song I ever heard was aphasia, and my life has never been the same since. i canā€™t even list or rank my other favs, there are just so many important ones. i watch the recording of the show at the first unitarian church when i need to feel better (all the time).
here a just a few of my other fav artists: hail the sun, circa survive (and anthony greenā€™s solo stuff), phoebe bridgers, elliott smith, dear and the headlights (if you havenā€™t heard of this band, GO NOW!!!), frank ocean, say anything, margot & the nuclear so and soā€™s, corey kilgannon, amy winehouse, city & colour, radioheadā€¦ iā€™m gonna make myself stop there

Hi guys !! Far out this is so cool. Iā€™ve been listening to PG since 2019, Iā€™m 20 and I live in new zealand & I go to uni studying a conjoint in law&environmental science and work part time at a pizza shop. I heard old friends for the first time in 2019 but I wonā€™t start out on a lie, Iā€™ve only become properly obsessed w pinegrove more recently. every album hits it for me. just makes me want to play music forever and give up on everything else, you know? In terms of other stuff ā€“ thereā€™s so much but more recently: theres a tuesday/casper (Nz plug!!!), Michael Bernard Fitzgerald, Logan Bowden, t swizzle, Tyler Childers, ben Howard, tom petty. kanye, chance the rapper, little feat, abba, bon iver!!! but more recently Iā€™ve been overly reliant on spotify to choose my music in playlists for me so havenā€™t been listening to many artists album by album w the exception of pinegrove (!)

ps. please come to nz :slight_smile: <3

Hello people,
My name is Kirsten, Iā€™m 18 years old and Iā€™m from the Netherlands. I study songwriting so I once wrote a song and I let my friend listen to it. She told me it reminded her of this band called pinegrove. I looked them up on spotify and played old friends. It was one of the happiest moments in my life and I immediately fell in love with the band. I saw pinegrove live in Amsterdam a few weeks ago and I loved every second of it. Iā€™ve been a fan for years now, but just recently (yesterday) discovered that one can create an account for this website! So here I am. Hi all :slight_smile:

hi !! iā€™ve loved pinegrove since about 2019, but in the last year or so Iā€™ve become totally obsessed and just found my way here. iā€™m a 21 year old college student in philly - i study philosophy (hoping to do legal stuff post-grad around anti-incarceration / restorative justice). i spend my time barista-ing, playing ultimate frisbee, reading poems, drinking beers on porches, and listening to music - other favs are phoebe bridgers, alex g, the chicks, mitski, car seat headrest, julia jacklin, noname, lcd soundsystem, anderson paak, mazzy star, muna, big thief, sufjan stevens.

pinegrove is so important to me (as itā€™s clear they are to you all)- i canā€™t believe iā€™ve found myself back on a fan forum for the first time since 2014-middle-school-tumblr-era but iā€™m so happy to be here - this platform and community is sick

Hey, Iā€™m also 21 and studying philosophy rn! I love the major but Iā€™m not totally dead set on the legal track yet. Cool too see another philo major. Plus i just saw alex g and LCD Soundsystem in concert recently! Suuper great

Yooooo, its ya boi joe. I am living in Anchorage, Alaska with my lovely wife of two years, I am a HR for the Alaska Native Medical Center doing boring paperwork but outside of work I love jamming out on guitar and cajon. I am actually in a worship band for my church. I started listening since 2016 when cardinal released. I donā€™t know any other band that has outdone my spotify playlist for the past seven years than pinegrove tbh. Favorite song has to be skylight and Sunday. Other artists I love are: Andrew Bird, Caamp, Joy again, King Krule, Beach house, Phil Wickham, Palace.

Much love from your snowy boi joe!

Hi! Iā€™m Lucca, iā€™ve been listening since last year. Fun fact: I go to Kenyon College (so Iā€™ve been to the Pinegrove hehehe). Iā€™m a singer-songwriter who wants to do that for a job someday:) favorite songs are Aphasia, Hairpin, Size Of The Moon, Peeling Off The Bark, Skylightā€¦ basically all of them. Favorite album is Cardinal. I also listen to The Mountain Goats, Wilco, Death Cab, and Modern Baseball.

Pinegrove is very important to me- just like with you all- they led me to my college, helped me get over my emotional shit, and are my current main inspiration musically and otherwise. Great to be here, resolving to make new friends and hoping to enjoy myself:)

Hey, my name is Sam, and Iā€™ve been listening to pinegrove since the whole pinegrove shuffle thing blew up lol. Iā€™m currently in Aberdeenshire in Scotland, and I donā€™t do much, but I hope that one day I can be in a group as breathtaking as pinegrove, and I can tell my stories.
I listen to a large variety of music, like shoegaze, indie, some rap, metal, rock, and some stragglers that are once-in-a-genre songs. Pinegrove is by far my favourite band though.
Green is beautiful, but my real favourite colour is the yellowish orange on the album colour to everything so far